Version: June 2018
Who We Are
We are a company specialising in providing a shift management service for rail companies and their workers.
- Our site address is www.signalsoftware.co.uk
- Our company name is Signal Software
- Our registered address is 195a Kenton Road, Harrow, Middlesex, England, HA3 0HD
- Our Data Protection Officer is Chris Curd and they can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you put into forms on our site or files you upload on our site, such as a CV
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration, security and fraud prevention purposes
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you.
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you.
- Carry out our contracts with you.
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to.
- Tell you our charges.
- Tell you about other goods and services that might interest you.
If you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the reasons set out above, you can let us know at any time by filling in a request on this page www.signalsoftware.co.uk/manage-my-data/, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this will limit our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the products and services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
Where we store your data
Data is stored in the UK.
We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud risks.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at any time using our ‘Manage my Data’ form found here: http://www.signalsoftware.co.uk/manage-my-data/
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- Request a copy of your personal data in a portable format (and optionally you can ask us to transfer it directly to another data controller);
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- To object to processing of your personal data; and
- Complain to a supervisory authority.
You also have rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling, but we do not perform any such actions.
Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
We may occasionally need to update this policy. We will update this page with the changes and revision dates. In some cases we will need to email you directly to notify you of changes.
Queries or complaints
If you have any queries, comments or complaints about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it, please contact:
Company Data Protection Officer: Chris Curd
Email Address: email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ , or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.